If you have no critics you’ll likely have no success.
Want us to review a book? Maybe even your book? Or is there just a book out there that made such a huge impact on you that you think everyone should know about it?
We are always open to review new books!
Here at Codices, we aim to write honest reviews about the books we read. We provide our own personal opinion. This opinion has bias. Know that we won’t review you want we write the review that we want to write. We put a lot of effort into our reviews and we would never belittle that by giving a certain review for money.
How We Rate Our Reviews
We use a simple 5-star system but the meat of the review, of course, lies in the written word.
- 5/5 Excellent read. Timeless concepts or themes expressed with great simplicity. What’s the test for understanding? The ability to communicate difficult concepts with subtlety, beauty, and simplicity. 5/5 star books are able to pull this off.
- 4/5 It’s hard to be great. 4/5 star books do a lot of the same things as above but with a few details missing.
- 3/5 Solid work but if you have limited reading time we would recommend you stick with the above categories.
- 2/5 Tired concepts with a poor appreciation of subtlety or detail. Probably one or two redeeming concepts but not worth a read.
- 1/5 Not worth your time, or likely anyone else’s.
We also accept guest reviews for various books. We love to see experts in a field review an industry specific book. We love to see the detail that goes into the assessment of an expert. We suggest you contact us first and pitch us your guest post or review idea but feel free to send complete articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will allow a link in the article as long as it is relevant to the content.